If you are a gamer, you probably know that your headset is a really valuable asset that helps you win or lets you die. But if you are new to this area, you might not be aware that for FPS games like Rainbow Six Siege, your headset can provide you an edge above others.
Are you in the second category? Then this article is for you.
But if you are an experienced gamer, then too, you could take a look at these headsets to see whether it would help you to upgrade.
And before we go on, let me answer a few doubts that have been put to me while talking with others on the subject of the best headset for Rainbow Six Siege.
Or, you could just skip ahead to the 7 headphones detailed beneath, that were personally reviewed by yours truly.
Frequently Asked Questions:
01. What is Rainbow Six Siege?
Ans. Rainbow Six Siege is a tactical shooter video game, developed by Ubisoft Montreal. It is a game in which you perform in realistic conditions-you can assume the identity of a first-person shooter and perform tasks in coordination with your teammates. There is also an option to play solo. It can be played on Windows, PlayStation, and Xbox.
02. What makes a headset good for Rainbow Six Siege?
Ans. There are three things that an FPS gaming headset must have: low latency, absolute deep-range sound, and a good mic.
The sound propagation technology that Ubisoft uses with this game makes it so that a high-quality, low-latency headset is essential for success in this game. In real-life situations, the sound gets distorted when it comes from the other side of a wall, doesn’t it?
The game mimics this so that the sound might be muffled, distorted, or even absorbed when it passes through the objects between your player and the source of that sound.
This is a tactical shooter game, where the number of times you can get shot before you die is tallied to real-life conditions, which means that you need to ensure that you do NOT get shot.
So you need a headset that alerts you to the direction of footfalls. For this, what you need, is surround sound.
Apart from this, like all FPS games, a mike is essential for Rainbow Six Siege so that you can communicate and coordinate with other players in your team.
03. What budget headset would you recommend for Rainbow Six Siege?
Ans. The best budget range headset from this list would be HyperX Cloud II. It hits a nice balance between budget and performance and its rugged yet lightweight aluminum body keeps fatigue to a minimum.
04. Are earphones or headsets better for FPS games (Rainbow Six Siege)?
Ans. Headphones are better because they usually have a better sound signature and range. They create a more effective gaming experience because surround sound is more immersive.
Now, without further ado, let’s look at 7 of the best headsets for Rainbow Six Siege.
Brief Reviews of Top 7 Headsets for Rainbow Six Siege
01. HyperX Cloud II
- 15-25kKhz Frequency Response.Headphones fit type:Over-Ear.Note : If the size of the earbud tips does...
- Designed for comfort: Exceptionally comfortable memory foam ear cushions and padded leatherette...
- Supreme audio quality: Large 53 millimeter drivers provide high-quality audio. Hear in-game details...
- 7.1 virtual surround sound: Truly immerse yourself in your games with hardware-driven virtual 7.1...
HyperX Cloud II is built in solid aluminum so that it takes the demands of your daily gaming in its stride.
The elongated circle of earpads sit comfortably over-ear covering large 53 mm drivers and provide passive noise cancellation. You can choose to use memory foam or leatherette earpads according to the need of the hour. I found that pretty awesome!
The cushioned headband adds to the overall comfort so that you have the feeling of a premium lightweight headphone.
An advanced USB audio control box helps you to switch the Surround Sound 7.1 on or off, as well as control the audio and mic volume.
It has a detachable mic. Used with the control box, the mic has noise and echo cancellation along with AGC functionality, so that your callouts are crystal clear in the game.
There is zero latency since the HyperX Cloud II is a wired headphone. It is utterly suitable to play any FPS games, including Rainbow Six Siege.
- Large, over-ear, customizable earpads with a choice between velour and leatherette.
- USB control box for controlling the use of 7.1 surround sound.
- Detachable mic with noise and echo cancellation as well as AGC functionality.
- No wireless connectivity.
02. Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum
- SUPERIOR SOUND PERFORMANCE: The advanced Pro-GTM audio drivers deliver incredible audio with stereo,...
- MULTI-PLATFORM COMPATIBILITY: This is the perfect headset for all of your devices, including PCs,...
- 2.4GHz WIRELESS OR WIRED CONNECTION: Get up to 12 hours of wireless battery life without lighting or...
- MULTIPLE SOURCE AUDIO MIXING: Plug in up to three devices (1 USB and 2 analog) to answer calls and...
Two of the best things about Logitech G933 are its multiple platform capability and seamless audio mixing from different sources.
Firstly, it has a USB and two analog connections, so that you can connect up to 3 devices at once. Its USB can connect to your PC or your TV, 3.5mm can connect with your PlayStation or mobile phone and the RCA audio cable can connect one more source to your headset.
Also, it connects via 2.4 GHz lag-free wireless!
The Pro-G drivers of Logitech G933 give 7.1 Dolby Surround sound, or 7.1 DTS Headphone:X, for immersive gaming.
When going wireless, you can game up to 12 hours without the in-built RGB lighting, or 8 hours with it.
- Multiple platform capability.
- Dolby 7.1 Surround or DTS 7.1 Surround.
- 2.4 GHz wireless capability via its USB adapter.
- Can’t connect via Bluetooth.
03. ASTRO Gaming A40 TR Headset
- Pro Audio Quality
- Superior Fit & Finish
- Swappable Precision Microphone
- Mod Kit Ready
ASTRO Gaming A40 TR headset has two things that set it apart: MixAmp and ModKit.
By itself, the ASTRO A40 is a good open-backed headset. But coupled with its MixAmp Pro that is tuned separately for PlayStation and Xbox, it is one of the best there is–whether for gaming via these consoles, or via PC.
The ASTRO Command Centre software lets you fully customize the MixAmp input and output. This means that you have the best output and input, with personalized EQ settings. Even the mic output and the sidetone can be adjusted, so everything is set to your preference.
The MixAmp Pro acts as a USB sound card for your PC, as well, making it ideal for both PC and console gamers.
Its USB stream port streams full Dolby 7.1 audio, so the sound is always high quality.
This headphone is unique for its ability to be converted from its default open-back to a closed-back setting by changing ModKit components. The closed-back version provides better noise isolation.
If you are not willing to spend money on it now, the option to change it in the future is a plus.
- Comes with MixAmp Pro that takes gaming to the next level.
- The headset is customizable from open-backed to closed-backed.
- Dolby 7.1 surround sound.
- ModKit does not come in the box.
04. EPOS I Sennheiser Game Zero
- CLOSED ACOUSTIC DESIGN – Focus on your game even in noisy environments thanks to Game Zero’s...
- EXTREME AUDIO CLARITY – Proprietary gaming headphones transducer technology delivers an immersive...
- GAMING MIC WITH FLEXIBLE BOOM ARM – Enjoy crystal-clear communication without background noise...
- INTUITIVE VOLUME CONTROL – A volume wheel on the right pc headset ear cup allows for on-the-fly...
The plus-points for the Game Zero headset from Sennheiser are several.
Firstly, its extra-large ear cups sit comfortably over the ear and are cushioned with leatherette ear pads for noise isolation. Secondly, Sennheiser’s model specific transducer technology provides the best audio for your gaming.
Or calls, for that matter. Game Zero has an exceptional mic that cancels noise, and if you want the mic muted, you just raise the boom arm into a vertical position!
And when you want to change the volume, you rotate the built-in volume wheel in your right ear cup. It is very easy to use and practical.
Talking of practicality, the headset is compatible with multiple platforms, by using the two different cables provided.
This is a professional-grade headphone which can be folded and carried to gaming events, in its hard carrying case.
Overall, an amazing headset to play Rainbow Six Siege with!
- Model-specific transducer technology for the best sound.
- Noise-canceling mic.
- Foldable headphones for easy transport.
- Ear cups are leatherette, not velour.
05. AmazonBasics Premium Gaming Headset
- Premium gaming headset for PC and consoles (PS4 and Xbox); exceptional sound quality with...
- Omni-directional, adjustable mic for crystal clear 2-way communication; Inline volume and mute...
- Memory foam ear cups with ultra-soft polyurethane coverings and padded headband
- Easy to connect to a gaming console (PS4 or Xbox) by plugging the 3.5mm audio jack directly into the...
This is one of the best budget headsets for both PC and console gaming. It is lightweight, comfortable, and durable with its braided aux cable and poly-urethane covered soft ear pads.
The desktop mixer provided with this headset lets you customize your EQ settings so that your audio and mic function just as you need it.
Its omnidirectional mic and adjustable headband make it easy and comfortable to use.
The inline volume and mute buttons let you completely control your audio and it remains crystal clear in both directions.
- Budget headphone for PC and console gaming.
- Desktop mixer/USB amplifier provided.
- Comfortable to wear.
- It is for all platforms working with a 3.5mm adapter only.
06. HyperX Cloud Stinger Core
- Virtual 7.1 surround sound via HyperX Ngenuity
- Lightweight comfort
- Immersive in-game audio
- Durable, adjustable steel sliders
This is another budget range headphone for gamers. In PCs, the HyperX NGENUITY software gets you Virtual 7.1 surround sound, so the gaming is real-life immersive and enjoyable.
With its steel sliders and on-the-cup audio controls, the HyperX Cloud is lightweight, comfortable, and easy to operate for long-time gaming.
The noise-canceling mic swivel-to-mute so that the simple act of rotating it up will let you control your mic audio.
To control the volume, there is a sound wheel, set under the same ear cup.
- Breathable ear pads surrounding 40mm drivers.
- Easy controls for audio and mic.
- Budget headphones.
- The ear cups may be small for some people.
07. Combatwing Gaming Headset
- 【IMMERSIVE & HIGH FIDELITY AUDIO: 】 Combatewing gaming headphone with mic delivers crisp highs...
- 【ULTRA-HIGH COMPATIBILITY: 】Wide platforms compatibility is offered that allows you to use...
- 【LESS WEIGHT & MORE COMFORT: 】Combatewing PS4/PS5 headset with mic is surprisingly lightweight...
- 【NOISE CANCELLING: 】Combatwing Xbox 360 gaming headset has a reliable noise-cancelling...
The 50mm drivers of the Combatwing offer 7.1 surround sound to make it one of the best budget gaming headsets in this list.
It is lightweight, premium-looking, and comfortable, and extremely suitable for long gaming sessions. This is surprising because its design makes it look heavier than it is.
It is equipped with an anti-static and noise-canceling mic that carries your voice effectively to your teammates. This means coordination in Rainbow Six Siege or other FPS games is a piece of cake.
- Premium design and performance for the budget price.
- Lightweight and comfortable with a cushioned headband and breathable foam covered ear pads.
- Large 50mm drivers and 7.1 surround sound.
- Due to size, it is more suitable for home use.
So, here we are. I sincerely hope that this was informative to you and helped you choose your best headset for Rainbow Six Siege and other FPS games!
This article was a pet project because I am a fan of tactical shooter games. After all, it provides more real-life scenarios where you are tested to your wit’s limits! I find that they offer me more insight on how I would react in adverse life situations if I am ever forced to face them.
Really, why play games, if not to assume the role of our player! Here’s to hoping that you got your best headset fit–happy gaming!!
Last update on 2023-06-10 at 15:19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API