AKG and Sennheiser are two of the best headphone brands that you can find in the Western world. There are many, many models from these companies.
Out of them, we are comparing two products that at first glance are very similar in features–the AKG K712 Pro and HD650.
The AKG K712 vs HD650 comparison intends to find out which among these two audiophile headphones will be a clear winner if music professionals were to compare them–by drawing out their features.
So, here we go.
- Over-ear design maximum wearing comfort for long work sessions
- Sophisticated open technology for spacious and airy sound without compromise
- Improved low-end performance by 3dB for more powerful sound imaging
- Revolutionary flat wire voice coil for incredible impulse and treble response
- Specially designed acoustic silk ensures precision damping over the entire frequency range and helps...
- Improved frequency response is 10 39,500 Hertz ( 10 dB)
- Hand selected matched driver elements; Highly optimized magnet systems for minimum harmonic and...
- High power neodymium magnets deliver maximum efficiency; 3.5 millimetre jack plug. Frequency...
AKG K712 Pro
- AKG and Sennheiser are two of the best headphone brands that you can find in the Western world. There are many, many models from these companies.
- Out of them, we are comparing two products that at first glance are very similar in features–the AKG K712 Pro and HD650.
- The AKG K712 vs HD650 comparison intends to find out which among these two audiophile headphones will be a clear winner if music professionals were to compare them–by drawing out their features.
So, here we go.
- Open-back headphones with 103 dB sound pressure level and 0.05% total harmonic distortion for a dynamic soundstage
- Over-ear headphones with neodymium ferrous magnet systems for optimum sensitivity
- Uniquely designed acoustic silk ensuring precision damping over the entire frequency range
- Lightweight aluminum voice coil giving an incredible transient response
Let’s do the ultimate comparison of AKG K712 vs HD650. Here are the main features:
Design: Both AKG K712 Pro and Sennheiser HD650 are open-backed over-ear headphones with stereo speakers and detachable cables. But the AKG is about 30gms lighter when compared to the Sennheiser.
Connectivity: Both these headphones are connected via a 3.5mm male connector. The HD650 has a ¼” jack with a 3.5mm adapter.
Battery: As both of them are connected via wires, there are not dependent on batteries.
Drivers: For AKG, they say “carefully selected transducers” and we couldn’t find the size of the drivers. They give out more bass and treble than the older AKG models.
In comparison, the HD650 clearly states that they have neodymium magnets. The effect is in the quality of the sound.
Sound Quality: The neodymium magnets and the higher frequency response of the HD650 gives crispier trebles, while the K712 Pro’s very low impedance and higher sound pressure level means that the AKG gives louder audio.
Speaking of sound quality, if you are looking for more professional-quality audio for mixing purpose, AKG K702 would be a great option to consider. In a separate post, we have compared AKG K702 vs HD650 side by side to help you find the right audio gear for your purpose.
Weather Sealing: Neither the K712 Pro nor the HD650 are weather-sealed, unfortunately. This means that while they both give comparable audio, neither can be used in all weather conditions.
Comfort: While both these headphones fit over-ear, the soft velour and leather headband of the AKG K712 Pro has an upper hand in terms of comfort. It weighs a little less as well, so the contest is kinda given to the AKG.
Price: HD650 is about one hundred dollars cheaper than the competition. This may or may not make a difference in the final verdict.
Final Verdict- Which One Should You Choose?
The audiophile may choose the HD650’s precision of crispier trebles and bass with the wide-open soundstage over the loudness of the K712 because the former gives you all that you want and more.
For the music professional, however, the question of AKG K712 vs HD650 clearly favors the former. These are the reasons: the K712 is super comfortable, with a very low impedance and dynamic open back quality that gives you a wide soundstage that all sound mixing professionals can swim in.
So which one are you? Did you find our comparison useful? We sure hope so! The fact is, both the K712 Pro and HD650 are great headphones, with very technical differences.
This is why we listed out the features so you could arrive at an opinion of what suits you best! Happy listening, folks!
Last update on 2023-04-01 at 12:09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API