It is not always possible or even practical to spend hundreds of dollars on a headphone. If your requirements are limited and you don’t want audiophile-grade sound, a midrange headphone will serve you well.
While you get can the best-in-class wired headphones in this price range, there are quite a few decent Bluetooth options available as well. If you are not sure how to find the best midrange headphones and what to expect from it, let me help you out.
Reviews of the Top 5 Best Midrange Headphones
01. Sony WH-XB700 Wireless Extra Bass Headphones
- Feel the power of extra bass. Supported Audio Format(s)- SBC, AAC, aptX
- Up to 30 hours of battery life for long-lasting listening
- Listen in comfort with an on-ear design and swiveling ear cups
- Optimize your sound settings with the Sony Headphones | connect app
Punchy bass, lively, natural-sounding vocals and snug fit have always been the biggest selling points of Sony headphones. This one is no exception. If you love boomy bass with lots of thump in it, you will admire this headphone. It also has a built-in mic which allows for crystal clear voice calls.
On the Sony Headphones connect app, you can tweak the frequencies to customize the music to your liking. The battery performance is unbelievably good. One full charge will give you 30 hours of backup.
It also has a quick charge function which comes handy when you are getting late for a flight or office. Put it on charge for just 10 minutes and enjoy 90 minutes of non-stop music and voice calls. Easy-peasy!
02. Audio-Technica ATH-M30x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
- Advanced build quality and engineering
- 40 millimeter drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Tuned for enhanced detail, with excellent mid-range definition
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
This headphone houses premium-quality 40 mm magnetic drivers that pump out fantastically detailed and lively audio. The circumaural headphones have soft cushioning on the ear cuffs that eliminates a good amount of external noise to help you stay focus and at peace in public transports, office and traffic jam. The ear cups are collapsible which makes it easy to carry around. Also, there’s no tangled cable to deal with as the wire in the headphone is single-sided.
The overall build quality is robust yet very lightweight. You can put them on for hours and binge-watch your favorite shows without any discomfort. For me, it ticks all the boxes and qualifies as one of the best midrange wired headphones of the current times.
03. Plantronics Wireless Noise Cancelling Backbeat
- Rich Immersive Audio: From music to movies - let Backbeat Pro 2 pull you into the richness and...
- Use and Battery Time: Enjoy your listening time taking you through the longest workdays or redeye...
- On Demand Active Noise Cancelling: Switch on active noise cancelling with one touch to minimize...
- Stream Audio: Up to 10 meters/30 feet from your Class 1 Bluetooth device
Its powerful speakers juice out deep bass and a very balanced sound. I’m especially impressed by the mid-tones. The bass has a lot of kick but isn’t overpowering in any way. The clarity is simply impeccable. Unfortunately, can’t say the same about the high notes. The sound tends to distort a little bit when you crank up the volume to the max.
However, the difference would be hardly noticeable to non-audiophile ears. Look-wise, these headphones beat many of its pricier counterparts hands down. The playback time of 30+ is amazing for the price.
The active noise cancelation works fine in relatively less noisy environment like cafe or parks. To get effective noise isolation in super loud places like subway and busy streets, turning up the volume is the only solution.
04. Boltune Bluetooth 5.0 Over-Ear Wireless Headphones
No products found.
Your search for the best midrange wireless headphones probably ends here. Its Active Noise Cancelation ability is the best in this list so far. From deafening traffic jam to jam-packed airports, it works effectively in the harshest environments. Just put on some music and lose yourself in a world far away from the humdrum of your surrounding.
No complaints about the fitting and comfort either. The headphone is lightweight, and the ear cuffs are lined with a soft, breathable cushion that prevents your ears from heating up.
05. Bose SoundSport in-ear headphones – Apple devices
- Deep, clear sound enhanced by exclusive TriPort technology for crisp highs and natural sounding...
- Proprietary Stay Hear tips, in three sizes, conform to your ear's shape to stay comfortably in place...
- Sweat- and weather resistant; engineered and tested for lasting quality and durability
- Inline microphone and remote for easy switching between calls and music with select iPhone models
If you own an Apple device and are an ardent fan of Bose sound systems, this could be an ideal choice for you. Bose SoundSport earphones are famed for their comfortable and snug fit. This one is no exception. It comes with a bunch of Stay Hear tips, allowing you to custom fit the buds.
The only downside is that it doesn’t isolate the music from the background noise. However, the sound quality is unparalleled ( I mean, it’s Bose!), and if you are only going to use it indoors, this shouldn’t be a problem.
It’s not easy to find the best midrange headphone when you have spoilt for choices. The market is flooded with all kinds of headphones in every budget group. How do you know which one to pick? Simple1 You dig deep and know everything there’s to know about a bunch of products. But that does sound like a time-consuming process. So to save you tons of precious time and energy, I’ve done the hard part on your behalf. I’ll leave the rest up to you.
Last update on 2023-01-30 at 12:13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API