Wireless headphone technology has gone through a revolution in the past few years. Gone are the days when all you could expect from Bluetooth headphones was, well, just the “wirelessness”. With the advent of better technology, wireless headphones designs are becoming more and more fitness-oriented. In this review we have covered the best headphones for peloton bike, that’s new and all-time top-rated headphone list.
If you are looking for recommendations, I have 10 wireless headphones on my list that you can use on peloton bike, while cycling or running in public places and also for adventure sports like mountain biking.
At a glance, you may see the ten best headphones for Peloton.
- Bose SoundSport
- Sennheiser CX 6.00
- Jaybird RUN
- Samsung Galaxy Buds
- Bonein Bone Conduction
- Jabra 100-98600000-02
- Plantronics BackBeat
- AUKEY Wireless
Below I’ve provided brief reviews of the 10 Best headphones for peloton cycling, biking, jogging and almost every other athletic activities you like to indulge in.
Best Headphones For Peloton Bike/Cycling/Motorcycles: Wireless/Bluetooth
01. AfterShokz Trekz Air Bone Conduction
- Rebranding Update - Aftershokz has been renamed as Shokz. Welcome to SHOKZ!
- Open-Ear Design - Patented bone conduction technology delivers audio through the cheekbone, keeping...
- Comfortable & Durable - Experience comfort with our wraparound titanium frame for a light and...
- Multifunction Button - Easy controls to play, pause, skip, activate voice assistant, and answer...
Unlike regular headphones, Trekz bone-conduction headphone buds don’t block your ear. Instead, they send sound vibration through your cheekbones.
Due to this unique open-ear design, you will be fully aware of the surrounding. This is a great safety feature when you’re running, biking or cycling on a crowded road. The headphones are lightweight and provide a secure fit, no matter how aggressive your workout regime is.
As far as the audio quality is concerned, it is far better than most cycling phones I’ve tried in my whole life. Although the bass lacks depth, cranking up the volume to the max will help you stay focused and energized.
Although the battery life of 6 hours is not worth going nuts over, if you will strictly use them while running a marathon or in the gym, this shouldn’t be any problem.
- Highly suitable for people with some sort of hearing issue.
- Snug fit for small ears.
- Earbuds stay put, would make an ideal pair of cycling earphones.
- Lets you hear the surrounding even with volume all the way up.
- 6 hours of battery life.
- Creates vibration on cheeks at max volume. If the vibration bothers you, simply crank down the volume a bit.
If you want in-ear earphones for running that don’t fall out, can handle a little amount of sweat or sweat and have decent bass, this is it.
02. Bose SoundSport Wireless
- Note : If the size of the earbud tips does not match the size of your ear canals or the headset is...
If you want in-ear earphones for running that don’t fall out, can handle a little amount of sweat or sweat and have decent bass, this is it.
Although the earphones are slightly on the heavier side, you will find them to be incredibly comfortable in your ears, thanks to the StayHear+ ear tips. It doesn’t tightly block your ear canals, thus allowing some amount of external noise through the earbuds.
The situation awareness combined with mild passive noise cancellation makes this one of the best headphones peloton biking, mountain biking, jogging, running and cycling. There are wing tips too to keep the buds stick to the place during rigorous workout sessions.
The bass has the right amount of kick to help you get through that last rep in the gym or take that one last round of run.
- Wing tips keep the earbuds in place when working out.
- Great sound for the price with kicky bass.
- In-line mic quality is amazing.
- Keeps you aware of your surroundings.
- NFC pairing through voice command.
- Can tackle serious amounts of sweat.
- Ona full charge, you will get 2-3 hours tops with medium-high volume settings. We expect better from Bose in this price range.
03. Sennheiser CX 6.00 BT Wireless In-Ear
- Bluetooth 4.2 featuring Qualcomm aptX and Qualcomm aptX Low Latency deliver superior sound quality...
- Convenient multi-connection with up to 2 devices simultaneously (phones and computers) with 3-way...
- 6-hour battery life with 1.5 hour fast USB charging.
- Personalized fit in the ear canals for excellent attenuation of ambient noise (S, M, L and XL ear...
Rarely do I come across sports or running headphones that deliver an immersive audio experience. Sennheiser headphones have kept both casual listeners and audiophiles groovin’ for decades. Ultra-lightweight, great sounding earbuds are considered one of the best accessories for peloton bikes.
The seamless connectivity with two devices simultaneously is one of the key strengths of these earphones. Despite being the cheapest in-ear monitor by Sennheiser so far, it uses aptX Low Latency codec to ensure lag-free sync between audio and video.
The sound profile of CX 6.00 is bass-dominated, which is exactly what I want in sports headphones. The treble is a bit too pronounced for my taste. However, the best part is I can easily tweak the frequencies to my liking using the EQ app.
- The Bluetooth bus connects to two devices simultaneously.
- Crisp highs and deep bass.
- The earbuds ensure a snug fit, even with the helmet on.
- Lightweight yet sturdy design.
- Aptx low latency certified, therefore, almost no audio lag.
- Midrange is a tad flat.
- Battery life could be improved.
04. Jaybird RUN True Wireless: Cordless
- Jaybird RUN true wireless earbuds give you a secure comfort fit, no matter the shape of your ear,...
- Sweat all you want, push yourself in the rain, and get muddy; Jaybird run running headphones are...
- You can customize your sound by adjusting the lows, mids, and highs to pump up your true wireless...
- 12 hour battery life in your pocket and fast charging on the go: true wireless earbuds make running...
Now, this is the kind of headphone that can survive through super tough athletic challenges with you. These true wireless headphones are completely waterproof and sweat-proof, so it’s totally fine if you want to use them while swimming. The fit is flawless irrespective of the size of your ear canal.
And what’s even better, the ear tips don’t squeeze your canals too tight. Therefore, you won’t feel fatigued even after running with these buds on for hours. This will also work great as headphones for bike helmet. You just need to find the right pair of tips for your ear canal size. That’s it.
Help: Top Best Bike/Cycling Helmet
You can run for 3-4 miles easily with them on without losing your focus. The default sound quality is flat and basically has no life. However, as soon as you tweak the frequencies on the Jaybird EQ app, it is a whole new picture. The EQ app gives the audio a new of life, brings forth a perfectly balanced bass, clear mids, and sparkly highs for an immersive audio experience.
- Solid water-resistance, can handle a decent amount of sweat and moisture. Do not dunk it in the pool, though.
- Excellent outdoor ambient noise isolation.
- The EQ offers a couple of advanced settings.
- Secure fit, perfect for cycling, mountain biking, and gym workout.
- 15 minutes of quick charge packs enough juice for 1 hour of playback.
- Has audio delay issues. We would recommend it only for listening to music.
Note: Now that you are ready to fully commit to your workout regime, find yourself a nifty training mask to include in your workout kit. We have narrowed down the options to 3 products to save you some time. Check them out below:
05. TOZO NC7: Budget Friendly
- App control
- Waterproof ( IPX6 )
- Touch Control
- Tiny case
- MIC quality should be better
- The case light indicator should be different
Waterproof, touch panel and app control made NC7 different from any other earbuds on this budget. I have tested this earbud many ways and also tested it with Peloton. I thought as much as about NC7 and selected for top earbuds for Peloton.
On a full charge, I have used the earbuds for 16 hours (single charge). So you can use the buds full day. IPX6 rating has made it waterproof. For IPX6 rating sweat couldn’t damage the par of NC7. So you can use cycling time without any hesitation. For In-Ear design, it is perfect for cycling time.
Cycling / Workout time I received a call and completed my discussion quickly. Transparent mode will help to hear the horn on the road. it’s lightweight, after wearing the earbuds you do not feel any extra weight.Read Full Review: 10 Best Headphones for Peloton Bike
06. Samsung Galaxy Buds
- Power up to power on get up to six hours of battery life with an additional seven hours from the...
- Premium sound tuned by AKG, an optimized driver offers substantial bass, while a volume driver gives...
- Just what you want to hear control how much surrounding noise you want with ambient aware. Quick...
- Sounds good. Feels good. Galaxy buds come in three adjustable ear tip and wingtip sizes right from...
If you are a loyal fan of Samsung and want a solid pair of earphones for running that don’t fall out, look no further. The thing is, most true wireless earphones suffer from the lack of sound quality. The reason being the quality of drivers used in it. Thankfully, the Samsung Galaxy Buds ensures thick bass punch, fuller sound and amazing tonal clarity with its AKG optimized drivers.
You shouldn’t have any issues with the fitting as long as you find the right pair of tips for your ear canals. For better sound experience, make sure that the tips are squeezed deep into your ears. It also includes wingtips to lock the buds securely in place when you are cycling, running or working out. The earphones can handle quite a bit of splash and sweat as well. However, you can’t swim wearing them.
Another feature that makes these earbuds stand out is the ambient noise mode. It gives you full control over how much external noise you want to hear. A nifty addition for joggers, cyclists, and bikers who have security concerns about wearing earphones in crowded streets.
- Lightweight and extremely comfortable for people with small ear canals.
- Mutes the background disturbances to a great extent in moderately noisy environments.
- Fast and easy Bluetooth connectivity.
- Long-lasting battery.
- Well-balanced sound.
- The call quality could be better.
07. Bonein Bone Conduction BN-702 Bluetooth
No products found.
If you are worried that bone conduction, open-ear headphones leak too much sound, you should check this one out. Its sound leakage-proof design is truly one-of-a-kind for this particular type of headphone.
It stays firmly glued to your cheekbones without causing the slightest discomfort. I would highly recommend it to bikers, cyclists, and joggers. Bluetooth earbuds that allow ambient noise such as Bonein are much safer than NC headphones for cyclists, bikers, and runners.
I would also say that it is one of the best headphones for peloton biking, indoor cycling as well as intense workout in the gym. The ear cushions are comfy, sweatproof and most importantly, highly breathable. Be assured that your ears won’t heat up and sweat when you are trying to complete your reps.
- Impressive sound quality, especially great for audiobooks and podcasts.
- Snug fit, stays put while working out or cycling.
- Doesn’t bleed sound which is rare for a bone conduction headphone.
- Amazing call clarity.
- Great battery backup.
- A common drawback of all bone connection headphones is the vibration it creates when you crank up the volume.
Note: A good pair of workout shoes is just as important as a cool pair of headphones. So here a few peloton bike shoes recommendations for you, if you are looking for one:
08. Jabra 100-98600000-02 Elite Sport
- Advanced wireless connectivity and superior quality calls and music
- Waterproof design and 3 year warranty against sweat (registration via Jabra Sport Life App required)
- 3 hours talk/music time in earbuds. Charging case adds additional 6 hours of battery life
- Comfortable and secure cord free fit, with option to wear one or both earbuds
How often do you come across a true wireless earphone that monitors and displays your workout data with near accuracy? Well, these newest pair of in-ear phones from Jabra features a heart rate monitor, pace calculator, in-ear audio coaching and a lot more to jazz up your daily workout routine. It’s nice to listen to audio reports of your workout stats on-the-move.
Although the buds are bulkier than most true wireless I’ve seen and used, it doesn’t feel uncomfortable. If you like to go on long rides on your bike or enjoy occasional mountain biking, this will suit your needs.
It also lets you remain aware of your surroundings while listening to music, should you choose to do so. The connection is lightning quick, sound is decent for the price and it can also withstand a good amount of sweat.
- Glitch-free Bluetooth connectivity while running.
- Doesn’t slip out of ears while working out. 30 ft. of Bluetooth range.
- Keeps you aware of your surroundings while the music is on.
- The charging case included is very compact and sturdy.
- The bass lacks depth.
- Jabra app has room for improvement.
09. Plantronics BackBeat Fit Bluetooth
- SPORTS AND WORKOUT EARBUDS: Specifically constructed with a flexible design so earbuds remain stable...
- WATERPROOF AND SWEATPROOF: Designed with invisible nano-coating technology to protect earbuds...
- LONG LASTING BATTERY LIFE: Impressive 8 hours of wireless listening time per charge allows you to...
- WORKOUT FUNCTIONALITY: Easily accessible on-ear controls let you control music and calls through our...
Stability and fitting of these sleek earbuds during rigorous workout is brilliant. Designed especially for workout, running, biking and cycling, these earphones stay intact after withstanding all the sweat and water. The controls on the headphones are streamlined and easy to use.
You can easily receive calls, pause/resume track, change the volume with a few taps on the in-ear control buttons. The neckband adjusts easily without much tweaking. I am also impressed by the idea of improving my existing headphones from time-to-time with the latest firmware updates on the free app.
If that wasn’t enough, it also provides nearly 8 hours of listening time. That’s huge for gym and sports-ready Bluetooth headphones. However, if you are expecting great sound from these, I’m afraid that you will be disappointed. While the audio isn’t completely trash, it doesn’t justify the price tag either.
- Audiophile-grade headphones.
- Can withstand lots of sweat and moisture.
- Stays put while running and exercising.
- Incredible battery life, ideal for marathon runners.
- Lets you hear people talking and vehicle sounds to ensure road safety.
- Not enough loud even at max volume.
- Occasional audio video lag.
10. AUKEY Wireless Headphones
No products found.
Finding a great pair of cycling headphones without breaking the bank has never been easy. I’m glad lesser known brands like this are trying to serve to a buyer group that cannot afford expensive workout headphones.
The headphones juice out that much sought after thumpy, kicky bass we all love. The sound is lively and packs enough punch to keep your energy high during the workout. The package includes 3 different sizes of foam tips for custom fitting.
Truth be told, I am quite pleasantly surprised by the noise isolating capability of these lightweight, tiny headphones. If you are someone who likes to lose himself in music while working out indoors, these headphones would be an ideal choice.
- Decent battery life for the price.
- Great for listening to both music and podcasts.
- Doesn’t fall out while running.
- Great for individuals who enjoy loud music while working out.
- Steady Bluetooth connection and great range.
- The highs and mids lack clarity and presence.
Frequently Asked Questions about Peloton Headphones
01. What Are The Best Headphones for Cycling?
Ans. Here is a list of 10 headphones that qualify as the best headphones for cycling, running, home exercise and gym workout by all means:
- AfterShokz Trekz Air Bone Conduction
- Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones: Best Headphones For Peloton (Wireless)
- Sennheiser CX 6.00 BT Wireless In-Ear Headphones
- Jaybird RUN True Wireless Headphones
- MYSANDY Bone Conduction Headphones
- Samsung Galaxy Buds
- Bonein Bone Conduction BN-702 Bluetooth Headphones
- Jabra 100-98600000-02 Elite Sport
- Plantronics BackBeat Fit Bluetooth Headphones
- AUKEY Wireless Headphones
02. Do You Need Headphones for Peloton Bike?
Ans. Music helps you focus better and stay motivated throughout the workout. Having a headphone on while exercising with a peloton bike is definitely a great idea. What’s even better is that Bluetooth is built right into peloton bikes. So you won’t need your phone, tablet or computer to connect your Bluetooth headphones.
03. Will AirPods Work With Peloton Bike?
Ans. All peloton bikes come equipped with Bluetooth system. You can easily pair your AirPods with your peloton bike and enjoy the beats while sweating it out.
04. Can the peloton instructors see you?
Ans. No, it’s practically impossible. The video camera on peloton bikes is there for you to have a video conference with your friend while riding the bike. The instruction’s screen only shows the list of milestones.
05. Do you lose weight with Peloton bike?
Ans. Riding peloton bike is a great form of aerobic exercise to speeds up the calorie-burning process.
With daily exercise combined with a balanced diet, you can rapidly trim excess fat around your thighs and waistline with peloton bike.
06. How much weight can I lose Cycling 1 hour a day?
Ans. A 180-pound person can lose about 650 calories a day with an hour of medium-intensity (at a speed of 16-19 mph) cycling. You lose 1 pound for every 3500 calories burnt.
07. How far of a bike ride is a good workout?
Ans. Most trainers recommend riding your bike for 40-60 miles every 2-3 days to improve fitness.
08. Is walking 8 miles a day too much?
Ans. You can burn anywhere between 600-1040 calories by walking 8 miles a day. It’s definitely an amazing form of exercise but is very time-consuming too. Therefore, a daily 8-mile walk is not very practical for most people with a busy schedule.
Also Read: Surfing Headphones
Simple Steps To Bicycle Safety
Finding the best headphones for peloton bike, adventures sports like mountain biking or your daily jogging ritual is not an easy task. You need a pair that can withstand oceans of sweat, dirt, mud, and aggressive body movement. It took me years of trials and errors to finally figure out what to look for while buying specialized sports headphones.
There were tons of options to choose from, but only the 10 models featured in this article lived up to my ridiculously high standards. Hope this will help you find the right pair to suit your ever-evolving athletic needs too. Thanks for reading!
Last update on 2023-09-29 at 14:19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API