Nowadays headphones are not only limited to music or movies. They are required for various purposes, and sometimes for a long time. For this reason, we need to find the best types of headphones in the market, and 50mm driver headphones are just the right type. Due to the larger aperture, these headphones improve sound quality and cancel outside noises. However, you will find countless brands manufacturing them, and selecting one won’t get easy. To help you find the best one, we have here a well-researched list of the best 50mm driver headphones.
The best 50mm driver headphones should have high-quality materials and sound, different adaptors, compatibility with various smart devices, and excellent noise-canceling capabilities. But most of all, they must have a snug fit for long wear.
Check this article to find out more about these headphones, comparisons, and buying tips.
What is a 50mm driver?
50mm is the size of the headphone driver. Generally, headphone drivers have a size range from 20mm to 50mm. They make the conversion from electrical signals into sound. The driver contains three parts, a magnet for the magnetic field, voice coils, and a diaphragm that vibrates to make sound waves. It is shaped like a disc.
- What is a 50mm driver?
- Types of 50mm Driver Headphones
- Quick Summary
- Comparison Chart
- 01. OneOdio Pro Over-Ear Headphone
- 02. OneOdio Over-Ear Headphone Wired Bass Headsets
- 03. OneOdio Wired Over-Ear Headphones Studio Monitor & Mixing DJ Stereo Headsets
- 04. OneOdio Over-Ear Wired Studio Headphones
- 05. MAONO AU-MH601 Over-Ear Studio Headphones
- 06. Philips Audio Fidelio X2HR Over-Ear Open-Air Headphone
- 07. Philips SHP9500 HiFi Precision Stereo Over-Ear Headphones
- Tips to Buy 50mm Driver Headphones
- 40mm vs 50mm Driver Headphones
Types of 50mm Driver Headphones
There are mainly five types of drivers with different mechanisms to create sound. These are:
|Types of Drivers||Functions|
|Dynamic Coil||Uses electromagnetism and magnetism for making sound|
|Balanced Armature||Uses a miniature arm and two magnets surrounding a coil to produce sound from a current|
|Planar Magnetic||A magnetic field creates sound in the diaphragm|
|Electrostatic||Uses static electricity which makes sound waves|
|Magnetostriction||Sends the vibrations of the diaphragm directly to the ears by bone conduction|
Before heading to the main review, check this brief description for quick knowledge.
- OneOdio Pro Over-Ear Headphone- Best Headphone for Recording
- OneOdio Over-Ear Headphone Wired Bass Headsets- Highly Compatible Headphone
- OneOdio Wired Over-Ear Headphones Studio Monitor & Mixing DJ Stereo Headsets- Best Choice for DJs and Sound Mix
- OneOdio Over-Ear Wired Studio Headphones- Best Headphone in Travels
- MAONO AU-MH601 Over-Ear Studio Headphones- Most Clear Headphones
- Philips Audio Fidelio X2HR Over-Ear Open-Air Headphone- Highest Resolution of Sound
- Philips SHP9500 HiFi Precision Stereo Over-Ear Headphones- Best Headphone for Authentic Sound
A comparison chart helps to understand the advantages and disadvantages of any product. So, have a look at the comparison between these headphones to learn more.
|OneOdio Pro Over-Ear Headphone||8.8 ounces||20Hz-20KHz||110dB +- 3dB|
|OneOdio Over-Ear Headphone Wired Bass Headsets||10.6 ounces||20Hz-20KHz||110dB +- 3dB|
|OneOdio Wired Over-Ear Headphones Stereo Headsets||10.6 ounces||20Hz-20KHz||110dB +- 3dB|
|OneOdio Over-Ear Wired Studio Headphones||1.08 pounds||20Hz-20KHz||110dB +- 3dB|
|MAONO AU-MH601 Over-Ear Studio Headphones||14.1 ounces||20-20kHz||116 dB +-3dB|
|Philips Audio Fidelio X2HR Headphones||13.4 ounces||5 – 40,000 Hz||100 dB|
|Philips SHP9500 Over-Ear Headphones||10.6 ounces||12 – 35,000 Hz||101 dB|
01. OneOdio Pro Over-Ear Headphone
There are several reasons to call the OneOdio Pro Headphone a good one. You will receive a clear bass sound for the 50mm driver. So, the music or other audio will come loud enough, but at a comfortable level. Even if you are at a mass or loud area, the noise will be canceled out. You can wear it all day long without any problem, for regular working hours. Apart from these, this headphone is foldable. Rotate the ear cups when needed. Overall, this is a durable, clear, and comfortable headphone for daily purposes.
- We can enjoy the clear and loud sound with good bass quality.
- Comfortable earpieces for any condition are made of protein leather foam that has padded ear cushions.
- An adjustable headband was convenient to us as we could stretch it to fit the head.
- With no adapter, this headphone becomes easy to plug into any device easily.
- Here the 50mm driver has neodymium magnets that give out the crisp vocal and high tunes.
- Doesn’t feel very sturdy in some areas
02. OneOdio Over-Ear Headphone Wired Bass Headsets
This headphone excels the previous one in material build and technology. You will still get the loud sound due to the clean bass. In any environment, the headphone will cancel out background noise. Listen using your headphones all day long to any kind of audio quite comfortably. This one also has a snug fit due to the adjustable headband. Its flexibility allows you to fold and store it when needed. But the best part is, you can connect it to multiple audio outputs without any splitter.
- 50 mm driver headphones always have a good bass sound with high tones and clear vocals.
- We felt the earpieces were comfortable to put on because of the padded cushions with protein leather foam.
- Again, this one doesn’t have any adapter increasing the flexibility to connect easily to any device using a cable.
- We also liked that the headband is stretchable to fit our heads well.
- The ear cups can swivel to avoid fatigue, especially after hours of work.
- Sound quality could be better
03. OneOdio Wired Over-Ear Headphones Studio Monitor & Mixing DJ Stereo Headsets
We find this headphone a great one for music lovers. For any music, we need clear bass, and this product offers it. The sound that comes out is crisp, mid-range, and loud, just like a party. You can easily use it for any music production, DJ mix, and other types of media activities. This also means that the headphone works well for clarity for any audio. Let’s also say that the earpieces remain comfortably on the ears for as long as we want. Easily connect it to any audio device with the cables. The foldable design helps to store it when needed.
- We could hear loud and clear sound for the 50mm driver and solid bass.
- Comfortable ear cushions and leather cover helped to keep them on the ears for hours.
- It has a snug fit due to the adjustable headband.
- No adaptor to make the product bulky and difficult to connect.
- Durable materials and stylish looks attracted our eyes.
- Frequency isn’t stable with some audio
04. OneOdio Over-Ear Wired Studio Headphones
This one is yet another professional over-ear headphone with high-quality audio. The 50mm Neodymium drivers provide clean bass and clear treble. Besides, the earmuffs feel comfortable to the ears to remain on for a long time. They easily isolate the internal audio from the background to avoid distractions. You can stretch the headband to adjust your head. By using two different cables, connect to different outputs at a time. The share port technology comes in handy for sharing tunes using the dual cable. The headphones are compatible with different devices.
- We feel that the vocals are clear and very natural with the right loudness.
- The earpieces are carefully made for a snug fit to our ears.
- In addition, the headband also has cotton filling to stay on the head and stretch.
- Two different cables and share port allows multiple connectivities.
- Supreme quality audio is found in any kind of audio device.
- The plastic build may feel fragile
05. MAONO AU-MH601 Over-Ear Studio Headphones
MAONO headphone is here for a different audio experience. The vocals or music will sound the perfect loudness and clarity from the earpieces. You can wear it for hours without any discomfort to feel the superb audio. In this one, the earmuffs have silky smooth protein materials for comfort. They are large and nicely fit, and remain free of damages for a long time. You also get an extendable cord for different purposes. The headphones along with the cable are compact and easy to store, so undoubtedly, a go-to product.
- Firstly, this is a very stylish and durable headphone worth a purchase.
- Its unique clarity in frequency and accurate bass with active noise canceling are suitable for a great music experience.
- Whether in any official work or other uses, this headphone is the right gear, and especially for our airplane travels.
- A single cable and an extra jack allow us to play music on different devices.
- The headphones are very comfortable and lightweight with a foldable design.
- Earcups don’t rotate
06. Philips Audio Fidelio X2HR Over-Ear Open-Air Headphone
This is an ergonomic headphone by Philips with powerful 50mm drivers. The sound comes out with clean bass and high frequency. An acoustic open-back design of the earpieces, a polymer diaphragm, and tilted drivers enhance the sound quality further. You also get breathable and adjustable hammock features to wear the headphone with comfort. Overall, this is a stylish and sturdy headphone with two different cables to make it versatile.
- We experience the cleanest bass and superb frequency in this headphone.
- High-quality earpieces with layers of material to improve sound and comfort.
- A powerful 50mm driver with an LMC diaphragm makes the sound so clear.
- It also feels lightweight to wear for a long anywhere.
- Two cables allow connecting to an adapter for good compatibility.
- Treble and lower sounds aren’t very good
07. Philips SHP9500 HiFi Precision Stereo Over-Ear Headphones
Another high-profile headphone by Philips that provides precise sound. Again the powerful 50mm driver and open-back design increase the bass and frequency of the sound for clear audio. As the drivers are placed at an angle, the sound travels directly to the eardrums for more authentic sound quality. This brand also excels in making high-quality earpieces to give maximum comfort. You get layered and breathable ear cushions and also headbands. The materials are very durable and don’t cause any discomfort.
- A very exquisite headphone that also acts as an accessory.
- High technology builds for more accurate and authentic sound.
- The 50mm driver allows sound to reach the ears in full spectrum.
- Comfortable materials for long wear especially during travels.
- A removable cable and headphone jack are included for various connections.
- Uneven treble in different frequency
Tips to Buy 50mm Driver Headphones
Type: According to your preferences and comfort, decide on the type of earpiece.
Noise-canceling: Make sure that your headphone has active noise-canceling technology.
Damage resistance: The materials of the headphones need to be resistant to water or other damages.
Comfort: Most importantly, the headphones must fit well for comfort on the ears for long-term use.
Sensitivity: Select the sound level that doesn’t make your ears sensitive.
Connectivity: Wireless headphones are generally more convenient, but also look for a jack option.
Durability: Overall, the headphones must have durable materials to last for a long time.
40mm vs 50mm Driver Headphones
Differences between a 40mm and a 50mm driver headphone will show how the size of the driver doesn’t matter in determining which is the best. See the full comparison.
|40mm Driver||50mm Driver|
|Lesser bass response||Better bass|
|Greater mids and treble||Inadequate mids and treble|
|Lower frequency||Higher frequency|
|Lightweight earcup||Larger earcup|
|Suitable for audios or music||Suitable for gamers|
- Are 50mm drivers good?
Mainly, the qualities of a 50mm driver will determine whether the sound will be greater. Usually, the structure makes the differences.
- Provides cleaner base and louder sound
- Larger sound output with higher efficiency
- Comfortable wear
- Doesn’t make high frequencies for clearer sounds.
- Distortions of the diaphragm.
So, a 50mm driver headphone comes with its unique features and limitations.
- What’s the difference between earphones and headphone drivers?
The drivers of both these earpieces mainly differ in size. As earphones are small, they have smaller drivers. The size ranges from 8mm to 15mm. On the other hand, headphones can have drivers from 20 mm to 50 mm. This difference may account for the variation in the sound quality.
- Which is the best magnetic driver for headphones?
Perhaps, planar magnetic drivers are best for headphones. They have two magnets placed across each other to create a magnetic field. The magnets have a fixed membrane between them. Check out Audeze’s driver for the best result.
- Are there any Bluetooth headphones with 50mm drivers?
You can find many wireless headphones that have 50mm, drivers. Among them, the V-Moda Crossfade M -100 Bluetooth headphone is a great one with outstanding sound quality and a comfortable design.
You can now use the guideline and pick your favorite from the 50mm driver headphones list. We assure you that all of them are multi-functional headphones with excellent sound quality. The best one will depend on your preferences.
Last update on 2023-12-10 at 04:40 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API