Howdy, feline lovers? Looking for a cool pair of cat ear headphones that don’t just look aesthetically pleasing but sounds like a bomb too? Not an easy task.
Most cat ear headphones I have owned in my past were just fancy-looking pieces of flimsy plastic, nothing more. None of them matched the comfort or sound quality delivered by my regular headphones. So I kept looking and looking and looked some more until I found a pair worth every penny.
I had to do some serious digging that involved vetting the user reviews, comparing and contrasting the features of several models side by side. Sounds like a lot of work, I know. But the hard work paid off.
Reviews of 10 Best Cat Ear Headphones to Root for This Year
01. Brookstone Wireless Cat Ear Headphones
If you are ready to pay the premium for the absolute best cat ear headphones the market has to offer right now, let me draw your attention to Brookstone. This brand co-created the signature cat ear headphone model along with Axent Wear.
This stylish, feature-packed wireless headphone should be on your to-own list, whether you are a cat lover or not. It houses external cat ear speakers, allowing you to share your music with your buds and dance along. The independently controlled color changing lights on the ears sync with the rhythm of the music.
Brownie points for the heavy sub bassline, making the headphones perfect for listening to EDM tracks. The large and thickly padded ear cups provide good noise cancellation and you can enjoy hands-free calls with its top-of-the-grade built-in microphone.
- Lets you individually control 8 accent colors on the cat ears.
- Secure fit.
- Long battery and quick Bluetooth pairing.
- Stellar audio quality, especially for EDM lovers.
- Kickass design, will look cool in a party or nightclub while shaking a leg.
- Decent battery life.
- The sound quality of the external speakers is below average, to be honest.
02. Riwbox CT-7 Cat Ear LED Light Up Headphones
If you are looking for a high-quality and truly durable pair of wireless cat ear headphones with mic, CT-7 definitely deserves your attention. It’s not just another flashy pair of flimsy cat hear headphones with LED lights.
This stuff is made from solid plastic and the padding around the ear cups is adequately thick and soft for a kid’s ears. It should easily fit 5 to 11-year-olds and even grownups with relatively smaller heads. The cat ears are studded with red, blue and green LED lights which sync with the rhythm of the music. Dancing around with these headphones on would be super fun, no matter how old you are.
If you want to go discreet, you can simply turn off the lights and quietly enjoy the music. It works in both wired and wireless mode, so no worries about running out of battery halfway through. Note that the LEDs won’t work in the wired mode.
Coming to the audio quality, the 40 mm drivers squeeze out a good amount of volume coupled with punchy bass and decent clarity. It doesn’t have a volume limiting function so make sure your kid doesn’t put it on max volume for hours.
- Hard and thick plastic body.
- Large ear cups with ample padding.
- Bombastic sound with lots of bass.
- The LED lights syncing with music is a nice touch.
- Easy Bluetooth connectivity.
- Too small for average build teens and adults.
03. Riwbox CT-7S Cat Ear Bluetooth Headphones 85dB Volume Limiting
Buying a headphone for a toddler is no cakewalk. Make no mistake, the headphones will be stomped on, smashed on the ground and even bitten a hundred times. Riwbox CT-7S is designed to take any amount of beating a tiny kid is capable of putting it through.
It integrates 85 dB volume-limiting function to protect hearing damage. Your kid will be able to pair it with his iPhone or Kindle Fire in a jiffy and enjoy music, podcasts, and online videos for hours. With full charge, the battery will last for a little over 14 hours which is pretty good for the price.
I loved that it can be used with an AUX cable too when the battery dies. The cat ear headphone sports a sparkly design with LED lights that blinks when the music is on.
- Cute LED light design.
- 85 dB volume limiting.
- Robust plastic design with extra braided cable.
- Quick and simple Bluetooth pairing.
- Decent sound quality.
- The battery takes a while to get fully charged.
04. Gabba Goods Premium Stereo Headphones
Incredible audio performance without drilling a hole in the pocket is one of the main reasons why I have picked this model. The sound pumped out by its speakers is wonderfully balanced, perfect for listening to all kinds of audio content.
It is the most lightweight and cushy over-head headphones on this list so far, making it a perfect Christmas gift for kids from 6 years and up. It’s a bit large for average build toddlers, something to keep in mind before purchasing.
Forget kids, even an adult with a knack for cutesy things would fall in love with the multicolor LED lights studded design of this headphone. There are buttons on top of the cat ears for switching on and off the lights.
- Warm and natural, balanced tones.
- Can be operated both with and without wires.
- Flashing LED lights on the cat ears.
- Durable enough to survive all the torture a kid could subject it to.
- No volume control button on the headphone. You can control the volume via the connected phone or tablet only.
05. SOMIC G951pink Detachable Cat Ear Headphones
Cat ear headphones with removable ears do cost a little more than regular cat ear headphones, but they are totally worth it. I personally like to have the option of removing the ears since I can’t afford to look like a cute cat in formal attire in my office.
It is essentially designed to be a gaming headphone that’s compatible with any gaming console featuring a USB port. It’s not just the adorable pink cat ear design and comfortable design that made me feature this model on this list.
The biggest advantage of this headphone is the top-notch vibration technology that brings your game to life. This, along with its high sensitivity omnidirectional microphone, can give a tough competition to any budget gaming headphones, on any given day.
The volume, mic, and vibration buttons are conveniently located on the earcups to ensure a smooth gaming experience.
- Vibration control technology for a realistic gaming experience.
- Flexible omnidirectional mic.
- Cure pink design and removable cat ears with embedded LED lighting.
- Generously cushioned ear cups.
- Clear and vibrant sound.
- Not suitable for Xbox or any gaming console that doesn’t have a USB port.
06. iClever BoostCare Headphones with Cat Ears
These adorable pink cat ear headphones are built to last and protect your child’s hearing without affecting the music listening experience. It integrates two volume-limiting options: 85 and 94 dB, respectively. The headphones pump out a good amount of volume and balanced tones to keep your toddler busy for a couple of hours.
I also loved the fact that it doesn’t bleed any sound, which is a huge relief for the parents who just want to have a few moments of complete peace. The headphones are comfortable to wear for hours, making it a great travel companion for your little one.
- Extra tough and twistable headband.
- Swiveling ear cups for easy storage.
- 85 and 94 dB volume-limiting options.
- High-quality built-in mic.
- Wide soundstage delivers clean and natural sounds.
- Headphones are a bit too big for really small kids.
07. MindKoo Wireless Headphones Bluetooth (Black)
So your kid isn’t a fan of pink, no problem. These wireless cat ear headphones have an edgy black version too with multicolor LED lights on the cat ears. The LEDs blink and cycle through 7 colors with the rhythm of the music.
Not just kids, even adults can comfortably fit in these headphones and enjoy hours of hi-fi, crisp and bass-heavy audio. At max volume (which is limited to 105 dB for hearing protection), you will experience a surprisingly good amount of noise isolation as well.
The stylish headphone features volume control button on the ear cup. Perfect for gaming, listening to all genres of music, streaming movies and listening to e-books.
- Both kids and adults can wear them comfortably.
- Comes with an AUX cable too.
- Bright 7-colored LED lights.
- Excellent customer service.
- Crisp and clear audio.
- Too big for smaller than average toddlers.
08. Ifecco Kid Cat Ear Headphones
For a headphone primarily designed for kids, it has a shockingly near sound quality. No kidding, the low-frequency response on this headphone can give many mid-priced headphones a tough run for the money.
And if your kids are still too young to be invested in the nuances of audio profile, the glowing and blinking LED lights on the cat ears will give them the kick they want. The headphone’s 85 dB volume-limiter will ensure your peace of mind, even if the volume is turned all the way up. Extra points for the long and sturdy cable that appears to be almost indestructible by a small kid.
- LED lights can be fully controlled and customized using a button located at the back of the ear cup.
- Amazing sound for the price.
- Comfortable to wear for several hours.
- Tough and extra-long cable.
- Foldable and easy-to-store.
- No volume control button on the headphone.
09. Isightguard Kids Headphones
Your daughter will get a good kick out of the glowing and flashing LED lights on these super cute pink headphones. The foam padding on the ear cups gently seal the ears and the headband exerts minimal clamping pressure on the head. The sound is pretty neat for such a small price and what’s even better, the ear cups fold flat for fuss-free storage. Its headband is easily adjustable which makes it accommodate different size heads.
- Adjustable headband makes it suitable for both toddlers and older kids.
- Two different settings for the LED lights.
- Folds flat, travel-friendly.
- Comes with extra batteries for the lights.
- Not too loud, absolutely safe for small children.
- Doesn’t work on iPhone 7, 8 and X series models. No built-in mic.
10. ONTA Kids Headphones with Cute LED Glowing Cat Ears
Here’s another low-end cat ear headphone that fits snugly, doesn’t fatigue the head, has a rugged build and a good sound on it. It will also make a great travel buddy for your kid as it folds easily which saves important luggage space. I am quite impressed by the padding material on the ear cups as well. It’s highly breathable to keep your kid sweat-free and comfy in summer.
The headphones are perfect for music, movies, ebooks, podcasts, and gaming and work on all media devices. Plus, it’s attractive design is going to fetch your kids a lot of compliments too. On a shoestring budget, it’s simply one of the best you can get.
- Adjustable headband, ideal for older kids, pre-teens, and teens.
- Different settings to control the LED lights.
- Universal compatibility.
- Strong cables.
- Crisp sound, not too loud.
- Too big for most 2 to 3-year-olds.
Also Read: spiderman headphones for kids
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Cat Ear Headphones
01. Are the cat ear headphones good?
Ans. Don’t let the looks of such headphones fool you. A quality cat ear headphone can sound just as good as a traditional headphone. Plus, the sparkly design makes them a perfect holiday gift for kids as well as adults with childlike innocence still intact in them.
02. Who created cat ear headphones?
Ans. Cat ear headphones were originally designed Axent Wear company.
The Bottom Line
So there you go. I have laid down my top 10 picks for the best cat ear headphones you can buy. Now it’s your turn to carefully go through the reviews and make up your mind. Since the key demographic for such headphones are kids, I have made sure to include models that devise a volume limiter to protect the delicate ears of children. Hope that helps. Thanks for reading and good luck with your shopping.
Last update on 2021-07-27 at 12:19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API