So you want the best single earbud for hands-free communication but you are afraid that you might choose the wrong product. That’s okay, we get it. There are like millions of products to choose from and each looks more promising than the other. Confusion kicks in! We feel you.
To take some of the chore out of this mammoth task, we have narrowed down your options to 10 models that lived up to our ridiculously high standards.
Here’s what we have in store for you:
Detailed Reviews of 10 Mono Earpieces We Trust
01. Sony Playstation 4 (PS4) Mono Chat Earbud with Mic
The Sony Playstation single mono earpiece costs peanut, a quality Sony is not at all known for. So we understand if you doubt it’s quality, we did too at first. But upon deeper digging, we found that this device delivers on its promise.
The headset includes only a mic mute button, no volume control or anything else. It squeezes out decent audio for the price, allowing you to communicate with your co-gamers for hours without straining your ears and shoulder.
- Has a mute button.
- Minimalist, functional design.
- Good audio quality for such a small price.
- One-size-fits-all earbud, no addition tip included.
02. Sharktooth Single Earbud Stereo-to-Mono Headphone
This high-quality sleek and stylish mono earphone is our pick for the best single earbud for driving and. Here’s why:
First of all, it comes with three different sizes of earbud tips to let you customize the fitting according to your ear size. The earpiece stays put smooshing your ears under the helmet. You can wifty answer your calls while driving the using the handy in-line button connected to a tangle-free cable.
The overall design is pretty basic with sweatproof foam tips which are, by the way, more comfortable than we expected. It fits properly on both left and right ears. We were pretty impressed by the build quality too. By the looks of it, this bad boy can withstand moderate abuse. Don’t smash it on the ground to test its strength, though.
Now, coming to the most awesome part of this earbud- stereo to mono circuitry. In simple terms, your earbud will pick up sounds from both the right and the left stereo channels.
This means you can hear full stereo sound from a single headset, which is quite a novelty for a product at this price. The sound itself is crystal clear peppered with punchy bass, which makes it perfect for a long drive on a solitary day.
- Lets you hear both left and right stereo channels.
- Securely stays in place while driving.
- Comes with three different sizes of tips and a cover for the earbud too.
- The control buttons are easy to figure out.
- Tangle-free flat wire.
- The clip included with the device for attaching the cable to your shirt comes loose quite often.
03. GoNovate G8 Wireless Mini Earbud
We loved the suave yet low-profile design of this mono earbud. It snugs your ear canals and ensures a tight acoustic seal. They are comfortable enough to wear all day, even while working out, thanks to the moisture-resistant ear cups.
This Bluetooth device comes with a stylish magnetic charge which works exactly how it’s supposed to. It receives a full charge in roughly 45 minutes and runs for 4-5 hours or less, depending on your activities.
You can easily connect to two devices simultaneously with this. The call quality is fine in quiet to moderately noisy places. The sound quality is pretty decent for audiobooks and podcasts. But don’t expect it to blast high-quality music with tons of bass.
- Great device for listening to audiobooks.
- iOS compatible.
- Steady Bluetooth connectivity.
- Connects to two devices at the same time.
- Easy-to-use controls.
- There’s an automated voice battery level indicator that screams “ battery low” right into your years for a full minute non-stop. Some iPhone 7 users have reported audio delay issues.
04. Plantronics Explorer 50 Bluetooth Headset
Plantronics makes one of the most durable and high-performance mono earbuds we know of. We chose this model especially because of the voice call clarity, comfort, battery life and of course, the reasonable price tag.
It lets you enjoy 11 hours of talk time which is rare for a product in this price range. The bud snugly fits small ear canals and stays in place under the helmet as well. Another minor but significant feature we noticed was the volume of the voice calls. The default volume is low-medium for calls which is10x times better than getting your eardrums smacked with loud screaming of the caller.
- Lightweight and comfortable for small ears as well.
- Amazing call quality.
- Gives text notification alert and reads text messages.
- 11 hours of talk time and 18 hours of playback time on a full charge.
- The main button lets you activate voice commands and automatic redial.
- Excellent post-purchase customer service.
- The placement of the volume button at the top is slightly inconvenient. You can hit it easily while trying to adjust the earbud.
05. FimiTech Wireless Earpiece V5.0
Here’s another tough contender for the title of the best single earbud wireless with mic. Both the call clarity and volume of the earbud is remarkable in this device.
If your profession requires you to speak to people on phone for hours, your search most probably ends here. Apart from impeccable incoming and outgoing call quality, it is also comfortable to wear for long hours and to complement that, the battery lasts for up to 8 hours. The Bluetooth range is approx 30-35 ft., meaning you can walk around the house or office without facing connection issues.
- Suitable for wearing for an extended period of time.
- Would firmly rests in your ear while running, biking or working out.
- Good for talking on the phone in quiet to moderately loud places.
- Crisp and clear sound.
- Long battery.
- Takes a while to get a hang of the controls.
06. JLab J6MS JBuds Stereo to Mono In-Ear Single Earbud
No products found.
This one is by far the most acoustically advanced single earpiece featured in this list. It uses a top-of-the-line driver to produce a better output frequency range. The device picks up the subtle nuances of a track which makes it a perfect companion for a long drive.
Our only gripe about the audio is that it doesn’t let you hear sound from both channels. Not a major tradeoff, though, if you consider the price and overall usability.
Moving on, the standard 3.5 feet cord fits almost every device you can think of. The voice sounds clear as daylight through the mic, which is a huge plus if you need to be on phone for most part of the day. It sits into your ear comfortably and holds up well to pools of sweat. Bonus points for the loud volume which lets you hear your caller clearly even in windy conditions.
- Comes with multiple ear tips to help you tweak the fitting.
- You could wear it for hours without requiring constant readjustment.
- Incredible call quality.
- Great for streaming music as well.
- Ideal for receiving calls in loud environments.
- Not recommended for running or exercising as moving the cord too much produces mild vibration sound in the ear.
07. NENRENT S570 Bluetooth Earbud
The next model on our list has a rather unassuming, albeit very functional design. This one falls on a rather higher side of the price spectrum but there’s a good reason for it.
If you are an audiophile who wants the convenience for a mono earphone and the audio quality of a regular earbud rolled into one, S570 fits the bill. The HD stereo sound is not gimmicky. It does sound as good as a single earphone under $50 possibly can.
The mic quality also deserves a lot of praise, which applies to both incoming and outgoing calls. Considering the size of the earpiece, we can safely say that it will provide a tight and comfortable fit for people with extremely small ear canals. However, that inadvertently makes the device unsuitable for people with large ears. Keep it in consideration during product selection.
- Outstanding battery life.
- True HD stereo sound.
- Loud enough to use in noisy public places.
- One easy-to-use multifunction button.
- Comes in a nifty zippered storage case.
- Occasionally suffers from connectivity issues while jogging or cycling.
08. BlueParrott B450-XT Noise Canceling Bluetooth
You have already had come across this product while doing your own research, didn’t you? Now you want to know if it’s worth what it costs. After analyzing the quality of specs it offers and skimming through the user reviews, we can safely conclude that it’s a steal deal.
24 hours talk time, 300 feet when connected to devices (about 60-66 ft when connected to phone), premium quality microphone, an adjustable headband and ear cup with ample padding- this one ticks all the boxes. As expected from a mic in this price bracket, it is fully adjustable for optimal convenience.
The voice comes through crystal clear even when you are driving at moderate speed through a noisy road. Brownie points for the fantastic noise cancellation ability. Even in a subway or airport, the person on line could easily assume that you are in a quiet room.
- Effectively picks up the nuances of vocals and instruments.
- Approx. 60-66 ft. Bluetooth range when connected to phones.
- Fully reversible mic.
- Loud and clear call volume.
- Cancels a good amount of ambient sound in moderately noisy surroundings.
- The unit could be a little bulky for some.
09. AMINY Bluetooth Headset
Unique 3-point design and dual batteries make this product shine through in this cut-throat market competition. Every model is advertised to be lightweight and comfortable enough to wear for a prolonged time. But very few stay true to this promise. Aminy headset is, fortunately, one of those rare breeds. You can keep it on your ear for several hours without feeling its presence much. We kid you not!
Despite its modest price tag, it is surprisingly packed with a number of bells and whistles. You can activate Google Assistant or Siri by simply clicking the call button twice. If you are someone who spends 8-9 hours a day on phone calls, this one is definitely worth having a look. You will get a decent Bluetooth range of 30 ft with this headset.
- Lets you talk for nearly 9 hours at a time.
- No crackling sound.
- Voice comes through the mic with optimal clarity.
- Feels comfortable to wear, even with the glasses and helmet on.
- Average Bluetooth range (roughly 30 ft).
10. COMEXION Wireless Bluetooth Earpiece
This little wireless mono bud delivers for the price. It is compatible with all Bluetooth smartphones and computers, just like we expect from any model in its league. It is an over-the-ear type device which naturally results in a more secure fit.
The back of the earpiece isn’t very large. Hence, it won’t bother you at all even if you are wearing reading glasses. The volume of this earphone is considerably louder than all the mono headsets we have encountered during our research.
If you are only using it for phone calls, the battery should have enough juice to fuel 8-9 hours of voice calls. To top it all, it also blocks external noise quite well, which makes talking on the phone while driving a breeze. No more incessant “hello, can you hear me clearly now?”.
- Connects to two devices at once.
- Comes with 6 different sizes of rubber covers for custom fitting.
- Perfect for all-day use due to lightweight construction.
- Compatible with all Bluetooth enabled devices.
- Loud, crisp and vibrant sound.
- According to the manufacturer, the device should not be charged in the car.
Here’s hoping that you finally found what you came here looking for. Glad we could help. Single earpieces are an amazing piece of tech but it’s quite difficult to find a model you can actually trust, as is the case with every machine ever made (and even people!). Our team did the extensive research part on your behalf because that’s what we love to do.
That will be all from us for today. Thanks for reading and good luck with your purchase.
Last update on 2021-10-23 at 10:00 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API